2011 - Celebrating 50 years of the NZHS. Available for free download.
New Zealand Hydrological Society: the first 50 years, 1961-2011
with reports on New Zealand hydrology through the ages
The New Zealand Hydrological Society (Incorporated) is a non-profit organisation
founded in 1961.
Our mission is:
To further the science of hydrology and its application to the understanding
and management of New Zealand's water resources by:
- promoting hydrological research,
- promoting education in all aspects of hydrology,
- disseminating information
through the publication of a scientific journal, newsletters, and other appropriate
- hosting meetings and conferences for the interchange of research findings,
information and experience, and
- any other activities considered appropriate
by the Executive from time to time.
Who are we?
We are a mix of New Zealand and overseas individuals and subscribing organisations
with an interest in water and its wise use. We are scientists, technicians,
consultants, hydrologists, engineers, biologists, climatologists, teachers,
students, resource managers, policy makers, and others.
- Gain access to the latest New Zealand hydrological information
the Society's Journal and newsletter (Current)
- Access the discussion listserver
with 550+ society members
- Participate in upcoming Society symposia and workshops
What do we do?
- Run symposia and workshops
- Produce books on hydrological topics that
are relevant to New Zealanders
- Publish the Journal of Hydrology (New Zealand)
twice a year
- Produce the Society's newsletter, Current, 2 or 3 times per
- Make scientific and strategy submissions to the New Zealand government
- Partly fund appropriate travel grants for members
How do you reach us?
- New Zealand Hydrological Society, PO Box 12300, Wellington 6038, New
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone +64 6 357 1605